The polls are closed and we have a winner – for our August 2019 meetup we’ll be discussing the recently updated second edition of the industry classic, Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code, by Martin Fowler!
For more than twenty years, experienced programmers worldwide have relied on Martin Fowler’s Refactoring to improve the design of existing code and to enhance software maintainability, as well as to make existing code easier to understand.
Like the original, this edition explains what refactoring is; why you should refactor; how to recognize code that needs refactoring; and how to actually do it successfully, no matter what language you use.
Where to find a copy of this title:
- Austin Public Library has a few hardback copies
- Amazon has the hardback for $45, and ebook for $32
- O’Reilly’s Safari has the ebook
- The publisher has hardbacks for $48, and ebooks (plus a “web edition”) for $38
- Used copies are unfortunately hard to come by, since it’s a newer edition
The meetup will be on Tuesday, August 27 at 6:30PM at our usual location: the office of our sponsor ActiveProspect, 4203 Guadalupe in Hyde Park. It’s on multiple bus lines and has plenty of free parking; come and join us!
Be sure to RSVP on Meetup so we’ll have plenty of pizza and drinks for everyone.
See you there!