January’s selection is a cultural/historical title: The Cathedral & the Bazaar, by Eric S. Raymond.
“It may be foolish to consider Eric Raymond’s recent collection of essays, The Cathedral and the Bazaar, the most important computer programming thinking to follow the Internet revolution. But it would be more unfortunate to overlook the implications and long-term benefits of his fastidious description of open-source software development considering the growing dependence businesses and economies have on emerging computer technologies.”
Some places you can find this title:
- Austin Public Library has the ebook
- Archive.org has the book online for free
- The publisher has the ebook for $14
- Half.com has copies for less than $3
- Amazon has the ebook for $10, paperback for $13
- O’Reilly’s Safari has the ebook
The meetup will be at 6:30 on Wednesday, January 25, at our usual location: the ActiveProspect office, 4203 Guadalupe in Hyde Park.
Be sure to RSVP so we’ll have plenty of pizza, soft drinks, and beer for everyone.
See you there!